Vision Health Pioneers is an incubator for early-stage healthcare innovators. We are funded by the European Social Fund and the Senate of Berlin, therefore teams must meet these criteria to apply:
1. You have to be a team of two to four members.
2. All team members must be registered as residents of Berlin for at least the time of the program.
3. Your idea/prototype has not been launched yet, and can be implemented in the German healthcare sector.
4. You have not or are not receiving any other public or private subsidies/grants, such as EXIST or Berliner Startup Stipendium. Prize-money from private and public competitions - regardless of the amount - is accepted.
5. You have not received any significant equity investments that influence your full control over the company. Also, note that those investments may only cover personnel and material costs; meaning the founders must not pay themselves a salary (income-expense overview).
6. At least one of the team members has knowledge in the field of healthcare (as a physician, nurse, therapist, etc.) and/or the team has the support of relevant medical professionals/experts that take an active role in the company strategy.
7. Ideally, all team members carry individual university degrees or gained relevant working experience in fields such as Design Thinking, and/or have other relevant certificates. If one of the team members has no degree, please reach out to us to clarify if they can get funded.
8. Your startup can already be incorporated, but this is not a must-have. If your company has already been incorporated in Berlin, the date of the business registration (Gewerbeanmeldung) should not be older than 3 months on the day of receipt of your completed application on f6s.com. This must be proven by the trade license (Eintrag in das Handelsregister). Note that you will need to incorporate a company in Berlin if you participate in the program. You may incorporate your company anytime throughout the 9-month program with us.